2-Day Trip To Charyn Canyon, Kolsay & Kaindy Lakes From Almaty
Embark on this short 2-day trip to the gorgeous valleys of Kolsay lakes. Spend overnight in a scenic mountain hotel, and enjoy daily walks or horse rides. Savour local homemade meals as you visit the stunning Charyn Canyon and Kaindy lake and explore the local market in Baiseit village.
- Marvel at the beautiful Charyn Canyon
- Admire the gorgeous Kaindy and Kolsay Lakes
- Eat local delicacies & learn about local culture
- Visit the local market in Baiseit Village
- Enjoy open-air barbeque
Itinerary Expand All Collapse All
Day 1- Almaty - Kolsay Lake - Saty Village expand_more
- 07:00: Depart from your hotel in Almaty and connect with your tour guide.
- 08:30: Stop in a road market in Baiseit village.
- 12:00: Have homemade lunch in Saty village 12 km from Kolsay Lake.
- 13:30: Arrive at Kolsay Lake (hiking/horse riding to the second Kolsay Lake).
- 18:30: Now, leave from Kolsay Lake.
- 19:15: Reach a local home residence in Saty village, 12 km from Kaindy Lake (open-air barbeque).
Day 2- Saty Village - Charyn Canyon - Almaty expand_more
- 07:00: Eat breakfast and depart for Kaindy Lake.
- 09:00: Arrive at Kaindy Lake (walking/horse riding to Lake and panorama view).
- 11:00: Leave Kaindy Lake.
- 12:00: Reach Saty village, enjoy homemade lunch, and drive to Charyn Canyon.
- 15:45: Go for an SUV tour inside the canyon and take a coffee break.
- 21:30: Be back in Almaty to end the tour.
Car and fuel
English-speaking (Kazakhstan) driver/guide
Know before you go
Kolsay Lakes are a system of 3 picturesque lakes are located 330km south of Almaty at the altitude of 1800, 2250 and 2700, respectively. The area is attractive in its geological landscape and availability of rare plants and tranquil, untouched nature.
Kolsay Lakes are often called Pearls of Northen Tyan-Shian. The underwater forest of Lake Kaindy is a stunning view to behold and a lovely place to relax for a picnic when going east from Almaty.
In 1911, an earthquake triggered a large landslide, which formed a natural dam on the slopes of the Kungey Alataurange outside of Almaty. The imposing Shrank spruce trees that previously formed a forest were now suddenly submerged in the lake born from the landslide.
Charyn Canyon is a unique natural monument, stretching for 154km along the banks of the Charyn River in the south of Almaty. It consists of sedimentary rocks, which are about 12 million years old. The height of canyon walls can be up to 300 meters. The most exciting tourist place is the Valley of Castles, the curvy 2-km path through the canyon's bottom will lead you along picturesque mountains, red cliffs and rocks.
Route: Almaty, Baiseit village, Saty village, Kolsay Lake, second Kolsay lake, Saty village, Kaindy Lake, Charyn canyon, Almaty.
Road length:600 km
For cancellations upto 2 days before the tour -Refund of 80% of the tour price.
|The group size and price|
|1 To 2||USD 475 Per Group|
This is a private tour