4-Hour Backway Hike In Petra
Embark on a unique tour of the beautiful city of Petra from a different entrance, often called the "Backway". Experience the charming nature of Petra as you hike through the spectacular sandstone mountains to reach your final destination, the wonderful monastery.
- Marvel at the sandstone mountains at the rear side of Petra
- Hike amongst the charming big rocks
- Take in the western views of the Jordanian valley and border
- Learn about the history and archaeology of the monastery and its surroundings
Itinerary Expand All Collapse All
Petra Backdoor Hike expand_more
- Check entrance tickets and proceed for the back entrance by a short ride of 20 minutes.
- Walk into the desert of little Petra for 30 minutes, and hike the backdoor steps for one hour.
- Explore the monastery and surroundings.
- Walk down another 900 steps on the other side.
- End the tour at the temples area, the old market of Petra.
Guests can walk back and explore more on the other side of the city on their own.
- Guiding fees
- Entrance fees
- Food and drinks
- Animal ride
What to bring
- Proper hiking shoes and camera
Know before you go
- Good physical condition for a moderate hike, but with no need for experience!
- A tour of the beautiful city of Petra. It takes you from a different entrance, not traditional tours. This trail is called the backway tour as it takes you from the city's back door.
For cancellations upto 2 days before the tour -Refund of 80% of the tour price.
|The group size and price|
|1 To 2||USD 190 Per Group|
|3 To 5||USD 230 Per Group|
|6 To 15||USD 290 Per Group|
This is a private tour