Explore The Jewels Of Jordan Jewels Over An 8-Day Tour
Embark on this 8-day tour to get introduced to all the main historical landmarks of Jordan. See the city of Jerash, where one of the most amazing Roman settlements still exists and unwind at the Dead Sea. Head to Petra to explore its history and remains and enjoy a jeep safari and a desert DJ party in Wadi Rum.
- Discovering the magnificent desert of Wadi Rum
- Explore the Nabataean city of Petra
- Visit the famous Eastern Desert Castles
- Stroll through the paved and collonaded streets of Jerash
- Go to the impressive Ajloun Castle
- Pay your respects at the Greek-Orthodox Church of St George
Itinerary Expand All Collapse All
Day 1 : KING HUSSIEN INTERNATIONAL AIROIRT – AQABA expand_more
- Meet your tour guide and transfer to Aqaba. Get assisted with check-in, dinner and overnight stay at a Hotel in Aqaba.
Day 2 : Aqaba –Wadi Rum expand_more
- After breakfast, spend some free time enjoying Aqaba and hotel facilities.
- In the afternoon, continue to the magnificent desert of Wadi Rum North-East of Aqaba Rum is the route T.E. Lawrence and Sherif Hussein took in World War I when fighting the Ottoman armies.
- Check-in at the camp, then go for a 2-hour 4x4 Jeep tour, which will take you around to visit the mesmerizing landscape, drink a glass of tea in a Bedouin tent and meet the locals.
- Head back to the camp for dinner and enjoy a desert DJ party and overnight at Wadi rum.
Day 3 : Wadi Rum-Petra expand_more
- After breakfast, head to Petra, and visit the Nabataean city of Petra and one of the settings of “Indiana Jones”. Petra, one of the seven wonders of the world, was excavated in pink rock more than 2000 years ago.
- We will access the entrance of the gorge (Siq).
- From there, we will continue to reach the impressive monumental complex of the Treasury (El Khazneh).
- Visit the theatre, the royal tombs, the Byzantine church and the street of the columns.
- Return to the hotel.
Dinner and overnight at the hotel.
Day 4 : Petra- Amman expand_more
- After breakfast, leave the hotel and travel on the road to Amman, the Jordanian capital.
- Start the day with a visit to the Eastern Desert Castles; this is the harshest and least populated part of the country. They were built or restored in the seventh and eighth centuries by the Umayyad caliphs.
- The first stop will be at Qasr Azraq, 96 km East of Amman. From Azraq, you will take the Amman-Baghdad highway 32 km towards Amman, to the most famous of the desert castles, Qasr Amra, built as a pleasure and sporting lodge by the Um- Umayyads, and its fame lies in its still colourful- if scarred by time- frescoes covering its walls and vaulted ceilings.
- Later, drive back to Amman to visit downtown, Roman theatre & Citadel, Hotel in Amman for dinner and Overnight.
Day 5 : Amman – Jerash – Ajloun – P.CT Amman– Amman expand_more
- After breakfast, drive north, approximately 45 km (1hr) away from Amman by road to Jerash, to visit the comprising paved and collonaded streets, soaring hilltop temples, handsome theatres, spacious public squares and plazas, baths, fountains and city walls pierced by towers and gates and finishing, Roman, theatre with wonderful acoustics, proceed then to Ajloun for a visit of Ajloun Castle which was built in 1184 by Izz al-Din Usama, a general in the army of Saladin to control the traffic along the road connecting Damascus&Egypt, & the fortress marks the furthest limit of Frankish incursions during the Crusades, & later the Mamluks added a prominent tower to the castle. It was captured by the Mongols in 1260 and was partially destroyed in the process.
- In the afternoon, drive back to Amman for a Panoramic City Tour through old & new parts of Amman (No site visits), back to Hotel in Amman for dinner and Overnight.
Day 6 : Amman – Madaba – Nebo– dead sea expand_more
- After breakfast, early checkout from Amman Hotel, pick up from hotel, drive approx. 20 minutes south of Amman, on the King’s highway, direct to Madaba to visit the most famous found Greek-Orthodox Church of St George and the map of the Holy land, with a large, easily recognized depiction of Jerusalem.
- Then, transfer to Mount Nebo, which lies 10 minutes away from here and is the site where Moses overlooked the ‘Promised Land’. A magnificent panorama of Palestine is before you, and you can see the springs where Moses smote the ground to bring forth water. Many believe this church was built over the burial site of Moses.
- Afterwards, proceed to the Dead sea, the first natural spa and the lowest place on earth. Arrival and free time to enjoy the hotel facilities: beach and pool dinner and Overnight in the Dead sea.
Day 7 : Dead Sea – Bethany – Kerak – Aqaba expand_more
- After breakfast, go for about 15 minutes drive from your hotel and will arrive at Bethany and beyond the baptism site – about 90 minutes is the duration of the visit; Bethany is Located at or around the natural hill at Tell El Kharrar where John the Baptist lived, preached and baptized, the village of Bethany beyond the Jordan was explicitly mentioned in the Bible, John 1:28 “Bethany beyond the Jordan where John was Baptized“, while John 10:40 mention an incident when Jesus escaped from hostile Pharisees in Jerusalem and “went away again across the Jordan to the place where John at first was baptizing.
- Then, depart along the royal road to the fortress of Kerak, built between 1110 and 1213 AD by the Templars during the crusades, which Saladin later took.
- Later, drive to Aqaba. Dinner and Overnight at Hotel in Aqaba.
Day 8 : AQABA– KING HUSSIEN INTERNATIONAL AIROIRT expand_more
- After breakfast, get dropped off at the airport to conclude your trip,
- Meet and greet upon arrival at the airport
- Transportation in modern AC private vehicles
- Hotel accommodation, as mentioned above on an HB basis
- Soft drinks with meals
- Entrance fees to all sites mentioned above
- Private guide throughout all touring days
- 02 Hours Jeep tour in the desert of Wadi Rum
- All applicable taxes, including 7% governmental tax and 5% service charges / at present
- Any personal expenses
- Departure tax: US$ 15.00 per person via land borders and free of charge via Airport supposed to be included in the air ticket / at present
- Christmas, Easter, Muslim Eid, and New Year’s Eve dinners were obligatory
- Carriages in Petra
- All kinds of tips
- Any not mentioned expenses and services
What to bring
- Daily use clothes
- Sport shoes
Aqaba Airport - Main Terminal, Aqaba, Jordan
For cancellations upto 2 days before the tour -Refund of 50% of the tour price.
|35 To 45||USD 720 Per Person|
|20 To 34||USD 800 Per Person|
|3 To 19||USD 980 Per Person|
|1 To 2||USD 1200 Per Person|
|1 To 3||USD 500 Per Person|
This is a private tour