5-Day Adventure Trip From Dana Village To Petra
One of the most awe-inspiring sections of a trek across Jordan, this route was recently named by National Geographic as one of the fifteen best hikes in the world. The trail drops from the heights of the mountain plateaus to the Araba Valley and climbs back again, crossing several climate zones, diverse ecosystems hidden in canyons, and dramatic labyrinths of hills and valleys displaying the full spectrum of the region’s geology.
If the natural attractions aren’t enough, the route ends with the Nabatean masterpiece, Petra. The city in the rocks holds day's worth of exploration by itself, and the short route the Jordan Trail takes through it is meant only to display a few of its highlights and to provide a base for further wanderings, not to fully capture its depth. Few other long-distance trails can boast stages as consistently spectacular as this, or end in a place as worthy of a visit as Petra.
The scenery spans from majestic and epic mountaintops to peaceful, bucolic countryside, and new landscapes present themselves every few kilometers: the one thing this region does not offer is monotony.
Itinerary Expand All Collapse All
Day 1: Arrival in Dana Village expand_more
- Your guide will welcome you to the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan. Enjoy your private 2-hour transfer to your hotel in Dana village, check-in, and the remainder of the day is free.
Overnight at a 3* hotel.
Day 2: Trek from Dana village to Wadi Malaga expand_more
- After breakfast, we will start trekking down towards Wadi Malaga through a diverse fauna and flora into Wadi Dana, surrounded by sandstone scenery. It is part of Jordan’s largest nature reserve, which stretches from the Rift Valley to the lowlands of Wadi Araba.
- We'll pass the area of Feynan, once the center of ancient copper mining, Cross Feynan, then we'll take a shuttle to Wadi Malaga, where we will set up our camp for the first night.
Day 3: Wadi Malaga to Ras Al Faid expand_more
- This is a difficult part of the trail that lays ahead of you. We will continue to hike through the Wadi Malaga landscape, a flat and stony path, Wadi Araba in the West and in front of you are the Sharah mountains.
- Then, we will follow a steep, old Bedouin trail into the mountains, offering stunning views of the Wadi Araba Desert. The path is known as the "Um Al Amad" path. You managed the challenging part of the route and continued to our camping spot in the area of "Ras Al Feid".
Day 4: Ras Al Faid to Little Petra expand_more
- Along shepherd trails, we will climb higher, surrounded by dark, rugged mountains. Continuing downhill, the landscape softens and inter a pale-coloured sandstone area with interesting rock formations.
- After a while, we'll recognize signs of increasing human habitation, like Bedouin camps and flocks of sheep. The path takes us to a saddle with great views of the Wadi Araba.
- Then, we will continue towards Little Petra. Enter Siq Al Barid - a narrow passage, to see tombs, monuments, cisterns and water channels. It is believed Little Petra had been a caravansary.
- Afterwards, we'll spend overnight at a Bedouin camp.
Day 5: Little Petra to Petra expand_more
- This day, we'll head to Petra via ‘The Back Door’. Good tracks going pleasantly down Wadi Ghurab amidst sandstone mountains guarding the approaches to Petra. This way follows a Nabataean route out of the valley and skirts round the final mountain on a natural rock terrace, which has been ‘improved’ by the PAP for the safety of walkers. Even so, it still narrows slightly before reaching a hidden plateau high above the impressive chasm of Wadi Siyyagh. Just beyond, carved into the cliff face, ‘The Monastery’ suddenly comes into view. (Bedouin café).
- Then, we will go down into ancient Petra, through which the route goes before exiting past ‘The Treasury’ and through the famous ‘Petra Siq’ to the shops, cafés and hotels of Wadi Musa.
- Later, we will transfer to the airport to conclude the tour.
- English-speaking tour guide
- Transportation: from airport to Dana hotel, from Feynan eco-lodge to wadi Malaga, then from Petra to airport
- Accommodation: first night at 3* hotel in Dana village, the second night at Feynman eco-lodge, a fourth night at Bedouin camp in little Petra
- Meals: 1st day: dinner, 2nd day: 3 meals, 3rd day: 3 meals, 4rth day: 3 meals, 5th day: 2 meals
- Drinking water
- Entrance fees
- Any other things not mentioned in "what's included"
What to bring
- 30L backpack
- Personal stuff
- Spare clothes
Know before you go
- This tour is only for those aged 12 years and above.
- All participants must sign the Knowledge of Risk forms.
- The maximum number of participants is 6.
- The guide is CPR certified, trained in survival situations, and have extensive knowledge of trails system. Don't venture out alone. We have everything you need for an outdoor adventure.
- All of our Gears are internationally certified
- Food will be mixed between hikers and cocked meals.
For cancellations upto 2 days before the tour -Refund of 80% of the tour price.
|The group size and price|
|1 To 1||USD 2200 Per Group|
|2 To 3||USD 3200 Per Group|
|4 To 5||USD 6950 Per Group|
|6 To 7||USD 13400 Per Group|
This is a private tour