7-day Hike To The Volcanic Areas Of Iceland From Reykjavik
Sign up for a fantastic hike to the famous volcanic areas of Iceland. Marvel at the lava fields of Dimmuborgir, witness the geothermal activity at Námaskard and sightsee the River Laxá. Also, visit the most powerful waterfall of Europe, Dettifoss and explore the Viti crater, known for its beautiful green lake, during this 7-day tour!
- Walk through the lavas chaos at Dimmuborgir
- Climb the Hverfjall crater, a tuff ring volcano
- See Námaskard, an active geothermal site
- Hike in Krafla caldera, a large volcanic area
- Enjoy the beautiful views of Lake Mývatn, enriched with flora and birds
- Head to the best salmon rivers in Iceland, River Laxá
- Take a look at Dettifoss waterfall and Godafoss Waterfall
Itinerary Expand All Collapse All
Day 1: Reykjavik to Akureyri to Mývatn expand_more
- On arrival in Reykjavik, transfer to the domestic airport for the flight to Akureyri.
- Meet your guide, who will drive you to Mývatn, 1 hour from Akureyri. This drive will give you a first overview of the beautiful landscapes that surround the region.
Day 2: Dimmuborgir to Hverfjall crater expand_more
- With your Icelandic guide, you will walk through the lavas chaos at Dimmuborgir.
- In the afternoon, you will climb the Hverfjall crater, a tuff ring volcano that rises 463 meters high and is 1040 meters long. From the top of the crater, you will have a fantastic view across the Mývatn region.
Day 3: Namaskard expand_more
- Today, you will walk around Námaskard, one of the most active geothermal sites in Mývatn. It's a powerful place where you can feel the vibrant energy of Mother Nature with its fumaroles, mud pools and mud pots coming out from the ground.
Day 4: Krafla caldera to Viti crater to Gjástykki expand_more
- Today your path will lead you again to an active site into the Krafla caldera, a large volcanic area.
- Don't miss a scenic moment at the Viti crater, one of the most famous craters in Iceland with its beautiful green lake, before heading to Gjástykki, a fantastic valley with multicoloured tones steaming spots.
Day 5: Kálfaströnd Peninsula expand_more
- Start the walk from Kálfaströnd Peninsula, where you will have a beautiful view of lake Mývatn. The place is suitable for watching Icelandic flora with wildflowers and different birds.
Day 6: River Laxa to Dettifoss waterfall expand_more
- River Laxá is one of the best salmon rivers in Iceland but also a beautiful area to walk.
- Enjoy the beautiful scenery of its streams that alternately form cascades, still pools among beautiful islets grown with wood cranesbills, angelica, buttercups and willow.
- Head to Dettifoss waterfall in Europe for a fantastic walk at the heart of the elements.
Day 7: Departure expand_more
- On your way back to Akureyri, you will have a chance to stop at the beautiful Godafoss Waterfall. This spectacular waterfall has a horseshoe shape and is one of the most famous waterfalls in Iceland.
End of the tour services.
To and fro domestic flight from Reykjavik to Akureyri
All road transfers
Multilanguage speaking Icelandic guide
Accommodation in hostel
Anything not included above
For cancellations upto 2 days before the tour -Refund of 80% of the tour price.
|1 To 12||USD 1600 Per Person|
|1 To 12||USD 1600 Per Person|
This is a private tour