Though I had journeyed through and around the world in my younger years, this trip in South Africa w
as my first time venturing outside the comfort of my home in a place until then unknown all by myself.I wasn't prepared. I didn't know how to go on about it; reckless by nature, I thought I wouldn't need anyone to guide me through this unique journey. I was convinced that I could make it alone, by myself. Truth is, I probably could've, though with plenty of struggles. But then came a friend who told me I should probably -at the very least- consider hiring a private guide. It was the best decision I could've taken.I stayed in South Africa for a week and a half and spoke with over 20 different guides during the few weeks before my trip. Mo ''Toffar'' was the guide I chose to accompany me through my adventures.Now, where can I begin? Not only was he an impeccable guide (showing me around, tirelessly teaching me about the history of each place we visited, the nature, the culture of the country) he grew, in time, to become a friend; one I'll never forget, one I'll forever fondly remember when thinking of my time in South Africa.Flexible and eager to be impromptu with our itinerary, he never hesitated to stop here and there, allowing me to voraciously feed not only my passion for photography but also, and mostly, my innate curiosity. There truly is no one else I would ever recommend for this. The only downside? I doubt I will ever have the privilege to meet another person who is not just friendly, funny and easy to be around, but also educated, cultivated, positive by nature, passionate and humble. Every country should have a Mo :)If you open your heart and soul just a little bit, Mo will not only be your guide - he will become your friend, a friend you'll forever treasure. PS: Mo, thank you again for everything! It's been 6 months since my trip (already...?!) yet I find my thoughts drifting towards the mountains, ocean, endless roadtrips and stories we shared during that week and a half quite often, even today. I hope all is well with you! Until we meet again, my friend. More
Review By Anda
The reviews that you post are read by travellers around the world. They help them make informed decisions about their travel plans. Please keep in mind the following points while you are making a post:
(1) Use Appropriate Language: Please do not include any obscene language, threats, prejudicial comments, hateful language and any sexually explicit content. Though our site is not targeted towards children, we still want the content such that the general public could safely go through the website without experiencing any of the above inappropriate content.
(2) Provide actual experiences: We want actual travellers to give their experiences. Please do not provide any third party anecdotes about what you may not have experienced directly. You can write only one review for a guide at a time. If you use the guide's services again in the future, you can write a different review for that experience. The writing should be original, and not be substantially quoted from other sources or infringe on other people's copyright.
(3) Balanced and Relevant opinion: You should try and give a balanced opinion about your experiences. Please make sure that what you write about would be relevant to other travellers who may be planning their trip. You are not allowed to provide advertisements or any other information that we may deem to be commercial in naturein your reviews.
(4) Other points to remember: Please ensure that the review is tagged to the proper guide. Remember to follow standard email etiquette. Don't use all CAPS for the review, as it is considered impolite. Do not use excessive abbreviations or slang.
(5) If you are a guide, you cannot write a review for another guide or for yourself. Secondly, we highly encourage travellers to go back home before they write a review. Under no circumstance should the traveller write a review from the guide's own computer or smartphone. It is perfectly acceptable for a guide to send a reminder or request the traveller to write a review for him on our site.