We were so lucky to stumble upon Green Leaf while googling! The guesthouse is cozy and bright, made
with backpackers and tourists in mind. The rooms have external windows, and come with delightfully thick blankets in winter, are spotless and well laid out. The staff are wonderful and will bring you excellent hot water buckets for showers for the simpler rooms, and cut up fruit for you if you bring it to them! The families who live downstairs are lovely. There are lots of thoughtful touches such as a collection of writing on Bangladesh in English that you are welcome to borrow. The owner of the business, Tapas Dash, is incredibly helpful and passionate about Bangladesh and helping you get the most out of your stay, and his care for the environment lives up to his “eco” label. He organises both local tours in Steemangal and tours in many places in the country, and from our experience we highly recommend them. Our local tour was tailored to our interests, our guide was superb with fantastic knowledge of the environment, local history, people and culture. We learned so much about the local area and met so many people we would not have without Tapas’ help.More
Review By R
The reviews that you post are read by travellers around the world. They help them make informed decisions about their travel plans. Please keep in mind the following points while you are making a post:
(1) Use Appropriate Language: Please do not include any obscene language, threats, prejudicial comments, hateful language and any sexually explicit content. Though our site is not targeted towards children, we still want the content such that the general public could safely go through the website without experiencing any of the above inappropriate content.
(2) Provide actual experiences: We want actual travellers to give their experiences. Please do not provide any third party anecdotes about what you may not have experienced directly. You can write only one review for a guide at a time. If you use the guide's services again in the future, you can write a different review for that experience. The writing should be original, and not be substantially quoted from other sources or infringe on other people's copyright.
(3) Balanced and Relevant opinion: You should try and give a balanced opinion about your experiences. Please make sure that what you write about would be relevant to other travellers who may be planning their trip. You are not allowed to provide advertisements or any other information that we may deem to be commercial in naturein your reviews.
(4) Other points to remember: Please ensure that the review is tagged to the proper guide. Remember to follow standard email etiquette. Don't use all CAPS for the review, as it is considered impolite. Do not use excessive abbreviations or slang.
(5) If you are a guide, you cannot write a review for another guide or for yourself. Secondly, we highly encourage travellers to go back home before they write a review. Under no circumstance should the traveller write a review from the guide's own computer or smartphone. It is perfectly acceptable for a guide to send a reminder or request the traveller to write a review for him on our site.