We were very happy with this tour. They company was very professional, and made it easy to sign on
for what turned out to be a great itinerary; there was very little required of us before the trip because they had planned it out well. Geoffrey, our point of contact, was very easy to work with by email and picked us up smoothly at the airport. Harun, our guide for all the parks, was very friendly and expert - he had great instincts for finding animals and anticipating their behavior, and it took very little time for us to see all the big ones many times over. He was very open to improvising when we asked for it (ours was a private tour), for example when we asked if we could get dropped off for an evening on our own at a resort in Naivasha. This was our honeymoon and the lodges the company picked in the game parks were fabulous for it; comfortable and with great use of the natural surroundings, but not so artificial and touristy as to make us feel like we were living in a bubble.
You might consider working with the company in advance on what kind of hotel you'd like to stay in when you're in the cities (in our case, our nights in Nairobi, Nakuru, and Naivasha). My only complaint was that ours were a bit less nice than we would have chosen, and in two cases were different places than we had expected. Since the company was generally very responsive, though, we probably could have upgraded a bit if we had thought of it in advance. All in all, this was a very good company to work with and I would use them again.More
Review By John
The reviews that you post are read by travellers around the world. They help them make informed decisions about their travel plans. Please keep in mind the following points while you are making a post:
(1) Use Appropriate Language: Please do not include any obscene language, threats, prejudicial comments, hateful language and any sexually explicit content. Though our site is not targeted towards children, we still want the content such that the general public could safely go through the website without experiencing any of the above inappropriate content.
(2) Provide actual experiences: We want actual travellers to give their experiences. Please do not provide any third party anecdotes about what you may not have experienced directly. You can write only one review for a guide at a time. If you use the guide's services again in the future, you can write a different review for that experience. The writing should be original, and not be substantially quoted from other sources or infringe on other people's copyright.
(3) Balanced and Relevant opinion: You should try and give a balanced opinion about your experiences. Please make sure that what you write about would be relevant to other travellers who may be planning their trip. You are not allowed to provide advertisements or any other information that we may deem to be commercial in naturein your reviews.
(4) Other points to remember: Please ensure that the review is tagged to the proper guide. Remember to follow standard email etiquette. Don't use all CAPS for the review, as it is considered impolite. Do not use excessive abbreviations or slang.
(5) If you are a guide, you cannot write a review for another guide or for yourself. Secondly, we highly encourage travellers to go back home before they write a review. Under no circumstance should the traveller write a review from the guide's own computer or smartphone. It is perfectly acceptable for a guide to send a reminder or request the traveller to write a review for him on our site.