Francisco Jarrin was our guide in Ecuador for almost 2 weeks this spring. He immediately understood
what we wanted to see and how we wanted to travel the country. He found us the perfect lodgings and took us to the places that we would have never seen without him. His vast knowledge of Ecuador and it's history, culture, art, lifestyles, plants, birds, animals is amazing. Walking through old town Quito was a joy as he knew all the details of Quito itself and it's history. Beyond Quito we traveled through the Andes to Cuenca and to the cloud forests of Mindo. Again his knowledge was amazing. He knew about the different Indian Cultures, their life styles, the wild life, the plants and where to stop for the best scenic view. I love photography and all I had to say was stop and we were over to the side of the road so I could get out and take photos. One of the highlights of our trip was a stay in Zueleta with a Quechua family. Actually living with the chief's family and helping to cook dinner in their adobe kitchen with dirt floors and a cook fire in the corner. Francisco arranged this for us and for that I will always be grateful. He also took us to the cloud forest and we stayed with a family of Botanists that are returning their land to an indigenous forest. We saw 15 different species of Hummingbirds and 3 species of Tanagers (bright yellow and black birds) and we had a guided walk through the forest learning about the trees and plants of the cloud forest. We saw an Ecuador that most people don't even know exists and it was all because of Francisco. Because he is licensed as a guide and naturalist he personally guided us through National Parks and Archeological sites. Without him we would have had to join a group tour or hire a guide. Thank You Francisco!More
Review By Katherine
The reviews that you post are read by travellers around the world. They help them make informed decisions about their travel plans. Please keep in mind the following points while you are making a post:
(1) Use Appropriate Language: Please do not include any obscene language, threats, prejudicial comments, hateful language and any sexually explicit content. Though our site is not targeted towards children, we still want the content such that the general public could safely go through the website without experiencing any of the above inappropriate content.
(2) Provide actual experiences: We want actual travellers to give their experiences. Please do not provide any third party anecdotes about what you may not have experienced directly. You can write only one review for a guide at a time. If you use the guide's services again in the future, you can write a different review for that experience. The writing should be original, and not be substantially quoted from other sources or infringe on other people's copyright.
(3) Balanced and Relevant opinion: You should try and give a balanced opinion about your experiences. Please make sure that what you write about would be relevant to other travellers who may be planning their trip. You are not allowed to provide advertisements or any other information that we may deem to be commercial in naturein your reviews.
(4) Other points to remember: Please ensure that the review is tagged to the proper guide. Remember to follow standard email etiquette. Don't use all CAPS for the review, as it is considered impolite. Do not use excessive abbreviations or slang.
(5) If you are a guide, you cannot write a review for another guide or for yourself. Secondly, we highly encourage travellers to go back home before they write a review. Under no circumstance should the traveller write a review from the guide's own computer or smartphone. It is perfectly acceptable for a guide to send a reminder or request the traveller to write a review for him on our site.