5.5-Hour Husky Sledge Ride And Snowshoe Trekking Day From Rovaniemi
Embark on a thrilling Husky sledge ride to the snowy forest in the arctic circle and enjoy exciting snowshoe trekking through the tranquil Lappish forests. Savour some Barbequed sausages along with warm juices and depart from the kennel through the Lapland forest, listening to interesting stories about the Arctic Circle en-route.
- Kindly Note: This tour is only available from December to March.
- Enjoy the unique experience of riding a husky sledge
- Go on a delightful snowshoe trekking in the forest
Itinerary Expand All Collapse All
Husky Sled and Snowshoe Trekking expand_more
- Tour starts at 11:00 a.m.
- Meet dogs, learn how to drive your sledge, and then head for a thrilling dash through the magical snowy forest.
- Once back at the kennel, enjoy grill sausages warm juice and cookies around the fire before meeting your snowshoe guide for the afternoon.
- With snowshoes on our feet, we will depart from the Husky kennel and head deeper into the arctic taiga forest or out onto the pristine frozen white Arctic land. All the while, the guide is captivating stories and information about the Arctic region.
- About halfway through, we make a stop to enjoy a snack and warm up around a campfire.
- Transfers from/to Rovaniemi (Arctic Snowhotel extra 10,- € / person / direction)
- Safety- and driving instructions
- 6-10 km husky sledge (2 adults and 2 children per sledge), solo driving is possible by paying an extra fee
- 2,5 h Snowshoe trekking
- Hot juice & cookies
- Arctic outer clothing
- Informative talk about huskies
- Any personal expense
What to bring
- Printed booking confirmation and e-tickets both are accepted.
- We recommend you wear comfortable clothes and shoes.
- In the wintertime, warm winter clothes with a scarf and hat are recommended as the temperature can be as low as -35 Celsius.
- It is recommended that you have travel insurance because the health care costs may be high in the improbable event of an accident.
Know before you go
- Please make sure your phone is ON during the tour day.
- Confirmation will be received at the time of booking
- Operates in all weather conditions; therefore please dress appropriately
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Minimum passenger requirement applies. There is a possibility of cancellation or rescheduling if there are not enough passengers to meet needs. In the event of cancellation due to passenger requirements, you will be refunded fully.
- Duration includes the transfer and clothes changing time.
- The meeting time of our safari is always before the starting time of the safari if you need pick-up services. You will receive your meeting time and meeting point upon confirmation or by e-mail. Failure to participate in the safari due to missed meeting time or meeting point will not be refunded.
- Sledge Capacity: 2-4 persons per husky sleigh (except special circumstances). We use large toboggan sledges, and each sledge can have 2 adults and 2 children in it. Larger children, senior travellers and or disabled travellers can travel in the sledge with a guide. Single travellers and odd-numbered groups of adults will have to share a sledge.
- Solo driving is possible by paying the Solo Driving Price.
Your accommodation in Rovaniemi
For cancellations upto 2 days before the tour -Refund of 50% of the tour price.
|2 To 15||EUR 265.99 Per Person|
|1 To 10||EUR 159.99 Per Person|
|1 To 4||EUR 0 Per Person|
This is a group tour