4-Hour Ice Karting Race & Snowmobile Tour In Rovaniemi
Start your adventure with a qualifying session on the ice track. Then, take part in a competitive race with other members of the group. After the race, hop on snowmobiles to ride across a frozen river valley and snow-clad forests.
Itinerary Expand All Collapse All
Zoom past a day in the snow! expand_more
- Start the activity with the qualifying rounds for the Karting on Ice Open Race. Set your best lap-time and secure your starting position. Combine karting on ice and snowmobiling, the two most exhilarating safaris that Lapland has to offer.
- After the qualifying rounds, take a break around the open fire where you enjoy hot beverages.
- When everyone is ready, start the race with the assistance of a Rovaniemi tour guide. Be the fastest and finish before colleagues, friend or family! During the karting, children who can’t reach the karts' pedals can enjoy the mini snowmobiles.
- After the race, it is time for the snowmobiling. During the safari, your Rovaniemi guide will take you through the frozen river valley and snow-covered forests. The guide will show you how to safely operate the snowmobiles and teach you everything you need/want to know about snowmobiling.
- Mini Snowmobiles for children
- Racing session 1: 10-minute qualifying rounds
- Break with hot beverages
- Racing session 2: 10-minute race
- Award ceremony
- 1,5 hours twin driving on a snowmobile
- Use of thermal clothing during the activity (thermal overall, boots and helmets)
- Driving and safety instructions
- Transfers from Rovaniemi City Center to Ounaspaviljonki Ice Adventure Resort
- English-speaking Rovaniemi tour guide
Know before you go
- Please be at the tour office 20 min before the starting time.
- The meeting time for the safaris is always before the safari starting time. Safari begins when the group is clothed and ready to go. The rest of the group will not be kept waiting for customers arriving late. If you come late, you risk losing the safari with no refund of money.
- The minimum height for driving the kart is 140 cm, and it is suitable for children a minimum of nine years old.
- The driver of a snowmobile has to be at least 18 years old and hold a valid driver license – A1, T, A or B category (please check that it is valid in Finland!)
- The track is a private 500-550m long with high-speed straights and tight corners for drifting. There are plenty of spots for overtaking. When the track was built, sharp corners and faster straights are given extra care. Snow walls are made to protect from damage and injuries if a kart ends up outside of the track. Spectators have a limited approach to the track and observe from a safe distance. The track is designed to optimise the driving experience of the customers!
- The ice karts are powerful winter go-karts with silent four-stroke engines and studded winter tires with spikes. High-quality German-made karts, RIMO EVO6 and RIMO ALPHA2, with four-stroke HONDA engines, are used to ensure the best quality for customers. Every year the ice track is re-built, and improvements are made.
- For Snowmobile Safaris, the experience, knowledge and the use of professional safety gear ensure the safety of every participant on the safaris. To provide the performance, the newest snowmobile models of the locally made Lynx brand are used. For driving comfort, quality clothing, gloves and safety gear are used. The local guides have a wide knowledge of the area and years of experience to ensure customers are safe and enjoy maximum enjoyment during the safari.
- A child travelling as a passenger on the snowmobile pays the adult price. Child rate applies when a child is travelling in a sledge.
- The single driving supplement ensures one person drive a single on the snowmobile.
- Snowmobiles are insured as required by Finnish law. This insurance covers medical care for injuries of the driver and the passenger arising from accidents — liability for damage caused to the snowmobile up to the amount of 980 € per accident. Self liability can be reduced to 150 € by paying a waiver supplement of 15 € per driver per safari.
- The tour provider reserves the right to change the price, program, inclusions and duration of the tour due to weather conditions and unexpected occurrences.
For cancellations upto 2 days before the tour -Refund of 80% of the tour price.
|1 To 10||EUR 149 Per Person|
|1 To 10||EUR 69 Per Person|
This is a group tour