5 Days Meru, Nairobi & Nanyuki Trekking Tour
Climb Mt. Kenya via the Sirimon Route and out the Chogoria Route & marvel at the beautiful landscapes around & encounter the wildlife in its natural habitat like the noisy Columbus monkeys, elephants also inhabit these parts. Get a chance to walk through the Likii North Valley, enjoy the views and taking photographs From Pt. Lenana you have good views of Pt. Nelion, Pt. Batian and other surrounding peaks.
- Visit the Mt. Kenya National Park
- Drive to Chogoria Town
- Walk through the Likii North Valley
- Witness a beautiful African sunrise
Itinerary Expand All Collapse All
Day 1: Sirimon gate - Old Moses Camp expand_more
Drive to Sirimon Park gate Mt. Kenya National Park.
Start the walk, part of the trail follows a good track through dense forests alive with bird song and the sounds of noisy Columbus monkeys. Elephants also inhabit these parts, but they are rare these days and we will be lucky to see one. We emerge on the edge of the forest where it joins the moor land zone, to Old Moses camp.
Altitude gained 600-meters
Walking distance: 9 km
Time: 3 hours
Day 2: Old Moses Camp –Shipton’s Camp expand_more
- Start the hike, after breakfast, through the barrow, here the moorland offers a gentle walk to Likii North Valley.
- Walk up to Mackinder’s Valley which has a variety of Alpine plants, walk along the valley to Shipton’s Camp at 4200 m
Walking time: 6-7 hrs -
Day 3: Shipton's Camp - Lenana Peak - Mintos expand_more
- 3:00 AM: Ascend to Point Lenana (4985 m) arriving there in time to see the African sunrise.
- Enjoy the views and taking photographs, From Pt. Lenana you have good views of Pt. Nelion (5188m), Pt. Batian (5199m) and other surrounding peaks. On a clear day, the summit of Mt. Kilimanjaro can be seen protruding from the sky over 340km to the south.
- Descend to Halls Tarn campsite (4,300m) for breakfast and overnight.
Altitude gain: 785 m
Time: 3 hrs
Accommodation: Tent (tent and mat to provided)
Day 4: Mintos - Meru Mt Kenya Bandas expand_more
- Start a 15km hike after breakfast, taking 6 hours hiking gently down a broad ridge.
- Enjoy magnificent views back up the valley to the snowy peaks, and down to the waterfall tarns and lava flows in the Gorges Valley itself.
Lake Michelson, Lake Ellis, the giant billiard table and the Mugi hills will be visible at a distance.
A picnic lunch will be provided on the way, spending the night at Chogoria Banda's which provides hot showers.
Day 5: Meru Mt Kenya Bandas - Chogoria - Nairobi expand_more
- Walk for approximately 10 km in the rain forest, after breakfast, enjoying beautiful views.
- Connect with your mountain 4x4 vehicles to drive you out of the park and down to Chogoria Town.
- Transfer into another vehicle before continuing back to Nairobi or to another planned destination.
Government park fee
Accommodation in huts and tents to be provided where needed
Food- 3 meals a day
English speaking guide, cook, and porter (s) services
Transport to Sirimon Park gate
Transport from Mt. Kenya Meru Bandas to Chogoria town after the climb
Guide/cook/porters transport from Chogoria Town to Nanyuki
Tips for guides and porters
Any hotel accommodation
Personal trekking equipment
Transfers from the airport to Nanyuki town and from Chogoria town back to the airport or Nairobi after the climb
For cancellations upto 2 days before the tour -Refund of 80% of the tour price.
|1 To 4||USD 650 Per Person|
This is a group tour