6-Day Tour Offering Insights Into Kenyan Life From Nairobi
This 6-day cultural safari allows travellers to meet Kenyans from various walks of life and hear their inspirational stories. Give the gift of time at a soup kitchen to feed hungry children, meet the steadfast grandmothers who run enterprises to support the younger generations, and see how a vocational training project empowers women and keeps families together. Additionally, enjoy sightseeing and have some delicious meals. Visit a Maasai village and become an honorary member of the tribe, while spending some time at beautiful Lake Naivasha.
- Help at a Soup Kitchen
- Visit Women's Empowerment Centre
- Go for a safari in Lake Naivasha
- Visit a Maasai village
Itinerary Expand All Collapse All
Day 1 - Help at a Soup Kitchen expand_more
- Visit a children’s centre on the outskirts of Nairobi, which provides kids with their regular meals each day. Lend a helping hand in preparing and distributing nutritious food, and in return receive beautiful and happy smiles as you see how these communities work together to help the hungry and the most vulnerable.
Day 2 - Women's Empowerment Centre expand_more
- Visit the Women's Empowerment Centre, where local women undertake an 18-month program that teaches them trade and entrepreneurial skills so that they can set up their own business to support their families. Spend an inspirational day with these proud, self-sufficient women and gain a better understanding of how they have been able to overcome difficult challenges that have transformed them into independent business owners and community leaders.
Day 3 - See the Hippos of Lake Naivasha expand_more
- Drive west of Nairobi to Lake Naivasha, Kenya's most beautiful freshwater lake surrounded by peaceful grassy banks and fringed by thick papyrus.
- Along the way, stop at the roadside for the stunning views of Kenya’s Great Rift Valley.
- Arrive at a lovely lakeside lodge in huge grounds studded with acacia trees and spot the odd antelope or vervet monkey.
- Catch a small boat to view the hippos and abundant birdlife that Naivasha is famous for.
- Get back to the lodge and enjoy a delicious leisurely lunch. Enjoy swimming in the pool before returning to Nairobi in the late afternoon.
Day 4 - Grandmothers & Their Pigs expand_more
- Visit another local community to meet some of the endearing and entrepreneurial Kenyan grandmothers who play a vital role in keeping Kenyan families together.
- Discover how pig-husbandry provides financial support and the bio-gas system creates energy out of the waste to power a home. The initiative aims to empower grandmothers through small-scale farming.
- Sit with them over a cup of local tea and enjoy some joyful singing and dancing. Listen to their powerful stories about resilience.
Day 5 - Become a Maasai for the Day. expand_more
- Spend an amazing day with the warriors and women of a traditional Maasai village. It starts with a welcome song and dance where the wife of a village elder will offer to dress you in traditional Maasai shuka cloth or ‘African blanket’.
- Venture into the bush with her son, who will explain what it’s like being a young warrior in Maasai society, sit with the elders as they share the stories of their fascinating culture, and learn from the women how to make some traditional decorative beaded jewellery.
Day 6 - A Great Way to End the Week. expand_more
Your final day will be spent relaxing at leisure, allowing you to reflect on the amazing experiences over the past few days as you fondly remember the warm, fascinating and inspirational Kenyan people you have met and connected with.
- A mid-morning pickup takes you to the restaurant at the Ololo Safari Lodge on the boundary of the national park for a delicious lunch in the pretty gardens to celebrate the end of your 6-day tour, before you make your way to the airport to catch your flight.
- 5 x nights’ accommodation at Palacina Hotel
- Pick up and return (JK Int Airport)
- Pick up and return each day from your hotel
- Breakfast, lunch & dinner - days 1,3 & 5
- Breakfast and lunch - day 2 & 4
- Breakfast and farewell lunch – day 6
- 25-30 images of your days' events
- English-speaking Kenyan tour guide
- Tips and Gratuities (optional)
What to bring
- Warm clothes
- A sun hat and sunscreen
- If you require medication, please bring enough for the tour as there are no pharmacies close to the venue
Know before you go
- You will be back in the hotel by approximately 4.30 pm.
- Pick up for dinner will be at 7.00 pm and you will be back at your hotel by 9.30 pm.
Palacina Residential Hotel, Denis Pritt Road, Nairobi, Kenya
For cancellations upto 2 days before the tour -Refund of 80% of the tour price.
|1 To 10||USD 3180 Per Person|
|1 To 10||USD 2980 Per Person|
|1 To 10||USD 1590 Per Person|
This is a group tour