Full-Day Abydos And Dendara Temple Tour From Luxor
Enjoy a full-day excursion to Abydos and Dendara Temple and visit the Temple of Hathor. Continue sightseeing in Abydos, which is home to "The Cult of Osiris". Learn about this place where most ancient Egyptians made a pilgrimage at least once in their lifetime.
- Pay a respectful visit to the Abydos Temple
- Seek blessings at the famous Dendara Temple
Itinerary Expand All Collapse All
Abydos & Dendara Tour expand_more
- Get picked up by your tour guide from the hotel or boat, and leave Luxor behind.
- Make the way to Abydos; a city found 260 km northeast of the city.
- In Abydos, see its famous temple, constructed by Set I, in honour of Osiris. In this temple, you will find important scenes from the life of Set I and Ramses II, but also the famous Royal Lists, with the names of the 77 kings of Egypt from Menes to Set I himself.
- Find the representations of the "Mysteries of Osiris", a ceremony that reproduced the death and resurrection of the God Osiris.
- Have a picnic lunch, and then make the way to Dendera. The Dendera Temple is dedicated to the goddess Hathor, and its construction began in the reign of Nectanebo I.
- Stop by the Temple of Isis, leave Dendera behind, and head back to Luxor.
- English-speaking Egyptian tour guide with a degree qualified in Egyptology
- Entrance fees for the day tour
- Hotel pickup and round-trip transport from Luxor n private modern air-conditioned vehicles
- Lunch Egyptian food at a restaurant
- Tipping and Gratuities
- Any Extra Tours
What to bring
- Passport valid for 6 months
- Comfortable shoes
- Cotton clothes in summer
- Warm clothes in winter
Know before you go
- Pick up at the reception of your hotels in Luxor, please send us the name of your hotel
- Tour is PRIVATE. Enjoy the time in the best possible way that gives the flexibility for the starting time
- During Ramadan, Tours should start 45 Min earlier
- Children less than 2 years are free of charge, Children from 3 to 10 costs 50% of the adult rate
For cancellations upto 2 days before the tour -Refund of 80% of the tour price.
|1 To 1||USD 345 Per Person|
|2 To 5||USD 299 Per Person|
|6 To 15||USD 253 Per Person|
|1 To 3||USD 150 Per Person|
This is a private tour