WHY SHOULD YOU GET A TOUR GUIDE FOR YOUR TOUR?
1. THE TOUR GUIDE REPRESENTS THE AGENCY YOU BOUGHT YOUR TOUR FROM.
All Tour Operators (whether accredited with the Department of Tourism or not) are requested to hire DOT-accredited Tour Guides to handle their tours. This is to ensure professionalism, accountability and responsible touring for a wholesome and complete tour. Penalty for incompliance is banning from the list of marketable agencies. Also this is proof that the agency is legitimate and not "fly by night" or a scam to get your money. (Actually, another way to prove it is to look for a sreet address on the website and go check it out.
2. THE TOUR GUIDE WILL TELL YOU ALL ABOUT THE PLACE OR PLACES YOU WILL BE VISITING. Stories of history, funny stories, jokes, facts and fiction, so you will have the most complete picture of your trip. Can you imagine going to a heritage street and seeing all those old structure why it is being s or ruins, yet not knowing its significance to Philippine History? You would not appreciate century-old churches and not knowing why it is being protected and preserved by the whole world in the first place....
3.THE TOUR GUIDE WILL ANSWER QUESTIONS ABOUT THE DESTINATIONS WITH PRECISION AND GRACE. If the Tour Guide does not know the answer outright, no worries, they will get back to you with the answer --- and if possible, another story related to the answer - before the tour ends. So ask away!
4. THE TOUR GUIDE CAN SOMETIMES ACT AS YOUR TOUR COORDINATOR. Our tours allow you to choose some of your daily activities, like where to have your meals or the order of your itinerary. All you to do is tell your tour guide what you feel like eating/doing first and /she will work our your day to the best of your interests.
5. THE TOUR GUIDE IS YOUR GPS SYSTEM. It would be okay to be adventurous once in a while and 'wing it' without a local person to lead you. But when you are in a strange place that speaks a strange language, wouldn’t it be more comfortable and convenient to have one?
6 .THE TOUR GUIDE IS YOUR TIMEKEEPER. If your trip is a short one and you want to maximize your stay, the tour guide will make sure that your are able to fit all the possible destinations into the limited time. Just be sure to be good tourists and follow his/her lead. Of course, if your itinerary calls for 'Own Time", the tour guide will leave you to your own relaxation.
7.THE TOUR GUIDE KNOWS WHERE TO FIND THE BEST BARGAINS. The tour guide always knows the lowest even at a low-priced store.
8. THE TOUR GUIDE KNOWS THE DESTINATIONS BY HEART. The Tour Guide is up-to-date wi the latest improvements and current situations. Almost nothing will surprise him/her except maybe adverse weather conditions. In the rare instance an activity must be replaced due to unforeseen circumstances, the tour guide is an expert at finding a suitable exchange.
9. THE TOUR GUIDE IS PATIENT AND SLOW TO ANGER, AND MAKES A GREAT MEDIATOR. The guide acts as the link between the various. suppliers and coordinates the delivery of services from each.
10. THE TOUR GUIDE CAN "MAKE" YOUR TOUR. A good Tour Guide will your tour with ease and even guarantee its success. A great tour guide will make your tour memorable so that you will want to come back for another tour.