Summers in India can be really hot, especially in some regions. But that doesn’t mean one should refrain from traveling during summers. Mentioned below is a list of some easy tips to beat the heat while traveling to India in summers!
1. Stay hydrated. Drink water, lots of it. Avoid soda, alcoholic beverages, and caffeine products as they cause dehydration.
2. Apply adequate amount of sunscreen on face and other body parts that generally remain uncovered. It helps avoiding skin burns and tans.
3. Dress appropriately. Wear loose-fitted, light colored clothes. Cotton lets your skin breathe during summers. Wear a hat or tie a bandanna.
4. Eat light, healthy food and avoid oily snacks. Vegetables, fruits, salads should be high on your choice of food. Meat should be avoided during this time of the year in India.
5. Let your feet breathe too. When not hiking, you can opt for flip-flops for short walks. If you choose sports shoes, make sure you wear socks that wick moisture and sweat away. Don’t go barefoot as pavements can get really hot in summers.
6. Choose the right place. In India, some places can be unbearably hot during summers. Avoid such places and travel to cool hill stations instead.
7. Plan your day well. Set out early before the sun is right above your head. An afternoon nap can really help your body relax during hot days. This will refresh you for an awesome evening and night ahead.
8. Don’t forget your sunglasses, especially if you have low tolerance to sunlight as the sun is hard and bright in India during summers.
9. Pay heed to what your body feels. If you feel dizzy, don’t ignore it as something ‘normal.’ If you feel nauseous or have thrown up already, visit a doctor. Meanwhile, drink water and stay hydrated.