12-hour Golden Blue Circle Tour in Reykjavík
This comprehensive tour covers all the major attractions of southwest Iceland. The Blue Lagoon is today one of Iceland’s most popular tourist attractions. It is created by water from the nearby Svartsengi geothermal power plant. Its warm, mineral-rich waters are effective in treating psoriasis and various other skin complaints, and it is undoubtedly an excellent place for swimming and bathing.
Blue Lagoon Circuitexpand_more
- Drive to the national park and former parliament site at Thingvellir and continuing through the mountains to the lake Laugarvatn, known for its high level of seismic activity.
- Visit Geysir, the world’s most famous hot spring, and Strokkur, its smaller neighbour, erupts in spectacular blue water every few minutes.
- Go to Gullfoss, the Queen of Icelandic waterfalls.
- Travel to Blue Lagoon, a short distance from the fishing port of Grindavík on the Reykjanes peninsula in the southwest.
- Return to Reykjavík via Skálholt.
- Pick-up and drop-off in the capital area
- Bottled water
- WiFi in vehicle
- Transport by private vehicle
- 3 hour waiting at the Blue Lagoon.
- Premium Blue Lagoon ticket per person
- Bathing suits
- Entrance fees
What to bring
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended
- Bring your own swimsuits
- Dress according to weather
Know before you go
- A moderate amount of walking is involved