Explore Antwerp Highlights from Brussels
Explore Brussels and the Belgian cities of art on your own. Antwerp has it all! It is not only the city of the famous painter Rubens. It is also the global capital of diamond trade, and it is home to the most beautiful railway station in the world. Walking through its maze of picturesque streets, you will hear the countless legends of the city and discover a wealth of breathtaking architecture.
Antwerp From Brusselsexpand_more
- In 1352, the construction had begun and become the largest gothic church in the Netherlands. In 1521, after nearly 170 years, the church was ready. The north tower is 123 M high, and the south tower is 66M. It houses the four main paintings painted by P.P.Rubens: 'Raising of the cross', 'Resurrection of Christ', 'Descent from the cross' and 'Assumption of the Virgin'.
- The museum is along the river Scheldt in the Eilandje district of Antwerp, Belgium. It opened in May 2011 and is the largest museum in Antwerp.
- The oldest of the country of 1905 and built by the architect Delacenserie. Situated in the Jewish area and also the size of the diamond. 2007: construction of a tunnel to welcome the speed trains. 2009: the 4th most beautiful railway station in the world. Next of the station the beautiful Zoo.
- Castle of the 13th century and houses since 1952 the National Museum of Maritime. It is situated along the old fortifications of the city.
- The town hall of 1561 is in italo-renaissance style. In the middle of the square the statue of Brabo: Brabo with the hand of the giant Antigoon, chopped off his hand and threw it in the Scheldt river. Antwerpen or Hand throwing, the origin of the city's name. The marvellous guild houses from the 17th century.
Professional multilingual guide
Food and drinks
Know before you go
Infants must not sit on laps.
Infant seats unavailable
Not suitable for pets
Not wheelchair accessible
Once we have received your booking, our local tour operator team will contact you within 24 hours to confirm and ask you questions about your preferences and interests so they can match you with a like-minded local guide. He or she will become your localhost.
This is a private tour/activity. So only your group or family participates. You visit the main tourist sites and discover the areas, locations and walks most tourists don't know about.
Personalise your route to hit those city highlights that are of keen interest to you.
82 Grasmarkt Straat
German, Portuguese, English, Italian, French, Spanish, Dutch