Ice Climbing Adventure in Korouoma Canyon from Rovaniemi
Embark on an unforgettable day trip to the Korouoma Canyon & Nature Reserve in Posio, where the mightiest ice falls in Finland are located. Korouoma is a million of years old fracture valley in the bedrock. At the center of the valley, it forms a magnificent gorge that drops over 100 meters below its surrounding terrain. Korouoma is known for its magnificent icefalls that cover the tall cliffs in the winter. Korouma is hands-down the best destination for ice climbing in Finland.
Meet your guideexpand_more
Meet the Rovaniemi guide in the morning at the agreed place in Rovaniemi. They carry all the relevant gear.
Drive to Korouomaexpand_more
Proceed to Korouoma which is located roughly 1 h 30 minutes by car from Rovaniemi. Hike down to the canyon, climbing. After climbing a brief barbecue in the canyon by a bonfire.
Return to Ravaniemiexpand_more
Hike up to the parking lot. Drive back to Rovaniemi.
- Climbing instructor services
- Guiding to the climbing venue
- Gear and equipment for the climbing day
- Visor/ goggles
- Ice axes
- Foot-wear (climbing boots or ski boots)
- Hot berry beverages, and transportation from/to Rovaniemi.
What to bring
- Suitable personal clothing for winter weather including warm boots, hat and gloves or mittens.
- Please consider bringing some snacks like nuts, energy bars or chocolate (caution: keep chocolate in a pocket inside of your jacket, otherwise it will freeze).
Know before you go
- The hiking trails of Korouoma offer monthly changing views all year round. In the winter, a 5-km scenic route passes by three impressive icefalls.
- The Korouoma area in Posio is also excellent for snowshoeing and cross-country skiing. An overnight stay nearby the gorge is possible for an additional cost (a basic wilderness hut or a comfy cottage).
- Kindly note that 10% of the price of your tour is non-refundable. The 10% will be used to cover fees connected to your bookings such as credit card transactions and other administrative charges.
- Refunds will only be issued to the card used to purchase the tour.
Pick-up options can be selected at check out.
- Fully refundable in case of any cancellation upto 2 days before the tour.