2.5-Hour Private Tour Of Taipei's Longshan Temple
Visit the spiritual heart of Taiwan, the Mengjia Longshan Temple, built in 1738 by settlers from Fujian as a gathering place for Chinese settlers. Located in the old village of Taipei, Wanhua District, this temple has stood the test of time and lasted through several natural disasters and wars. Understand why Longshan Temple is a beautiful mix of the Taoist, Buddhist, and Confucian faiths.
- Admire the temple's architecture and learn about the different gods
- Get initiated into the ways of praying and traditional ceremonies at the temple
Itinerary Expand All Collapse All
Longshan Temple Tour expand_more
- We will begin our experience from the main gate of the temple. Here, we will admire the facade and its many lanterns adorned with animals representing different years according to the Chinese calendar. We will enter the temple from the gate on the right, known as Dragon Entrance or Dragon's Mouth, and follow the worshippers' path.
- Inside, the guide will show you the various dragons and tell you more about the gods they each represent. You will also learn about the offerings favoured by each god, which range between incense, flowers, fruits, and candies. Walking around, the guide will also introduce you to the main traditional ceremony performed in this temple - devotees come here primarily to seek good fortune, health, and even guidance in marriage. Finally, we will exit the temple from the Tiger Entrance (Tiger's Mouth) on the left side, ensuring a complete tour of the temple and having gained an understanding of its religious and cultural significance.
- English-speaking tour guide
- Entrance fees (if applicable)
For cancellations upto 2 days before the tour -Refund of 80% of the tour price.
Longshan Temple is a must-visit attraction in Taipei. Its stunning facade and intricate details are truly awe-inspiring.
The dragons inside the temple are fascinating, and Daphne's explanations about each of them and their corresponding gods were very informative.
Visiting Longshan Temple was a great cultural experience. The guide, Brad taught us about the temple's religious significance and how it plays a role in the local community's everyday life.
MeiA Must-Visit Attraction
The different offerings to each god were unique and interesting, ranging from fruits to candies. It was fascinating to learn about the significance of each item.
EmilyBeautiful and Serene
NaniGood Fortune Awaits
As someone who believes in good luck, I was thrilled to learn that Longshan Temple is a popular destination for those seeking good fortune. The tour guide, Daphne taught us about the different rituals and practices that devotees engage in to seek blessings.
Keoni from HawaiiBeautiful Lanterns
The lanterns adorning the temple's facade were beautiful, and it was interesting to learn about their significance in relation to the Chinese zodiac.
Malia from HawaiiInsightful Tour Guide
Brad was very knowledgeable and insightful, providing us with interesting facts and stories about Longshan Temple. It was a great way to learn more about Taipei's history and culture.
RajEnchanting and Spiritua
USD 160 / group