2.5-Hour Private Old Town Of Palma De Mallorca Tour
Explore the old town of Palma De Mallorca, the pearl of the Mediterranean, starting with the gothic Cathedral of Saint Mary. Make your way to the Old University while learning about the brave men of Mallorca such as Ramon Llull and Saint Junipero Serra. Continue to the commercial street of Saint Michael and then to the lower part of the city. End the tour at the La Lonja.
- Visit the Cathedral of Saint Mary with vistas of the Mediterranean Ocean
- Enjoy a highly interactive tour of the high and lower parts of town with your local tour guide
Itinerary Expand All Collapse All
Walk around the Old Town of Palma De Mallorca expand_more
- We begin our real-time, live experience of the 'Pearl of the Mediterranean' at the Cathedral of Saint Mary, the only gothic cathedral next to the sea and home to the enormous rose window in the world. Circuiting through serpentining streets, we will reach the high part of the city and find several old palaces of traditional families and their characteristic charming courtyards.
- En route to the Old University, admire buildings and churches and browse through pages of history to learn about monumental men of Mallorca whose names will always be remembered by the world. Your guide will introduce you to two distinguished personalities: Ramon Llull, the main occidental philosopher of the XIV century, and Saint Junipero Serra, priest founder of one of the most important cities of California, USA.
- We will then visit the Main Square and the commercial street of Saint Michael, where James I, the conqueror, celebrated the first mass and expressed gratitude for his victory over the Muslims. Continue into the lower part of the city to observe the great homes of the merchant families built in competition with the posh neighbourhoods of the high city.
- After visiting 'The Born', the favourite promenade of locales and visitors, we will finish at the astonishing "La Lonja", a building made for meetings of the merchants and businessmen in the XIVth century, and the best example of civil gothic architecture on the island.
- English-speaking tour guide
- Entrance fees (if applicable)
For cancellations upto 2 days before the tour -Refund of 80% of the tour price.
DialloMust-do for history buffs
Palma de Mallorca Walking Tour is a must-do for history buffs. I loved the informative tour of the Gothic Cathedral and the Old University
ChungUnforgettable sights and sounds on the Palma de Mallorca Walking Tour.
I enjoyed strolling through the picturesque streets of Old Town and discovering the charming local markets!
MumtazExceeded my expectations
Palma de Mallorca Walking Tour exceeded my expectations. I was impressed by the knowledgeable and friendly guide who showed us the Main Square and the commercial street of Saint Michael!
MarcelFantastic Tour, Loved It!
USD 304 / group