2.5-Hour Tour Of The Historical Landmarks Of Pontevedra
Explore Pontevedra, one of Spain's most historically rich cities, whose beautiful streets and granite buildings will surely surprise and delight you. Marvel at the architecture of the Basilica of Santa Maria, neoclassical buildings surrounding Espana Square, and the oldest house in Pontevedra. Visit the Wood Market Square.
- Admire the Basilica of Santa Maria with its gothic decoration and magnificent facade
- Visit the Espana Square, Mendez Nunez Square, and Peregrina Square
Itinerary Expand All Collapse All
Walk through the Historical Landmarks of Pontevedra expand_more
- We will start our tour from the Basilica of Santa Maria, considered the Pearl of Galician architecture for its gothic decoration and magnificent facade. Examining the facade dedicated to Mary closely, the guide will show you some peculiarities, such as the image of the saint with glasses!
- We will then continue to Espana Square, where the Town Hall is located. Around this square are numerous neoclassical buildings, the Alameda’s Garden, and the 16th-century ruins of Saint Domingo’s Monastery, all of which the guide will point out for you to admire.
- Our next stop will be the Theatre and Lyceum and Casino building, after which we will also pay a visit to the oldest house in Pontevedra. From here, we will begin to explore the numerous squares that the city has in the old town, including the Teucro Square, which is considered the noblest for its houses with coats of arms and is named after the founder of the city.
- We will walk along Real Street, where the Portuguese Santiago Way passes, and head to Mendez Nunez square, where a famous sailor of Spanish navigation lived in the 19th century. Here, you will also see a sculpture dedicated to the Spanish writer Ramon Valle Inclan - of the most important writers in the literature of the early 20th century.
- On a visit to the vegetable market square, the guide will share with you the history of a wrought-iron fountain from the 19th century. Next will be a visit to the Wood Market Square, once the site where timber was traded and today considered the most beautiful of all our squares because of its galleries and medieval stone cross. From here, we will move to explore the Blacksmith Square, the largest in the city and the site of a market in the medieval ages.
- We will finish our tour in Peregrina Square in front of the Church of the Peregrina, which dates back to the 18th century. Before we bid each other goodbye, admire the Parrot Ravachol, who used to be the pet of the famous Pharmacist Feijoo and now serves as the emblem of the carnival festivities in the city.
- English-speaking tour guide
- Entrance fees (if applicable)
For cancellations upto 2 days before the tour -Refund of 80% of the tour price.
MariaA Fascinating Walking Tour of Pontevedra
Eva's walking tour of the historical landmarks of Pontevedra was an eye-opening experience. She took us through the charming old town, showcasing the iconic landmarks like the Basilica of Santa Maria, and the Town Hall. Her knowledge and passion for the city's history and culture made the tour truly unforgettable. The tour also included lesser-known spots like the Teucro Square, which houses the remains of a Celtic hillfort, and the Mendez Nunez square, wheA Fascinating Walking Tour of Pontevedrare a famous sailor of Spanish navigation lived in the 19th century. Eva's storytelling skills and attention to detail made the tour informative and engaging, and we would highly recommend it to anyone visiting Pontevedra.
CarlosA Must-Do Walking Tour of Pontevedra's Historical Landmarks
This walking tour of the historical landmarks of Pontevedra was a fantastic way to explore the city's rich heritage. Our guide showed us the top attractions, like the Church of the Peregrina, the Parrot Ravachol, and the Lyceum and Casino building, and gave us insights into their history and significance. Her engaging commentary and expert guidance made for a truly memorable experience. We also visited the charming squares and narrow streets of the old town, where we saw beautiful architecture and learned about the city's past. Overall, this tour was a must-do for anyone interested in history and culture, and we would highly recommend it.
AnaDiscovering the Hidden Gems of Pontevedra
Eva's walking tour of the historical landmarks of Pontevedra was a unique and fascinating experience. She took us to off-the-beaten-path spots, which we would never have discovered on our own. Her friendly demeanor and extensive knowledge of the city's history and culture were truly impressive, and we learned so much from her. The tour also included stops at some of the city's most iconic landmarks, where we saw beautiful art and architecture. We highly recommend this tour to anyone looking for a different perspective on Pontevedra's historical landmarks.
StephanieEva's incredible tour!
Eva's walking tour of the Historical Landmarks of Pontevedra was nothing short of outstanding. Her expertise in the city's iconic landmarks and captivating stories made it an enriching experience.
I had a fantastic time on the tour of Pontevedra's Historical Landmarks. From the bustling Praza da Ferrería to the serene Basilica de Santa María, Eva's selection of landmarks and knowledge of the city's rich history made for a remarkable tour.
Eva's walking tour of Pontevedra's Historical Landmarks was a highlight of my trip. She took us to the most iconic landmarks of the city and shared fascinating stories about each of them. Eva's enthusiasm and passion for Pontevedra's history made the tour a delightful experience.
USD 161 / group