Discover A Coruna's Romanesque Streets, Squares & Medieval Churches On This 2.5-Hour Tour
A Coruna, located in the Northwest corner of Spain, occupies a peninsula advancing into the Atlantic ocean, being a reference for sea travellers since ancient times. Walk through the three historic districts of Coruna, from the medieval Old Town, across the former Fishermen Quarters, to the area where Pablo Picasso lived in his childhood.
- Check out Romanesque and Gothic-style churches such as the St. James' church
- Stroll down the romantic Azcarraga square with its delicate bronze fountain
- Explore a place where Pablo Picasso lived in his childhood
Itinerary Expand All Collapse All
A Coruna Tour expand_more
- The tour starts at the Romanesque St. Mary's Church, the protector of the fishermen and sea people. Most city processions and parades would start from its square. Further down is the romantic Azcarraga square, with its giant trees and delicate bronze fountain, leading to the military headquarters in Coruna, the Capitania building. On its side is St. James' Church, built and rebuilt in Romanesque and Gothic styles, and a meeting point for pilgrims on their way to the shrine of Saint James.
- The city opens to a large harbour, where tons of fresh fish and seafood are traded daily. This seafront is stunning, with rows of white wood and glass galleries covering the buildings and providing insulation from rain and wind. The main square, named after the local hero Maria Pita, is surrounded by porches and the elegant City Hall. The former fishermen's area begins, now a commercial and business district.
- Beautiful botanical gardens grow under the protection of the large corporate buildings, leading to the streets developed in the 1890s when a kid named Pablo Ruiz Picasso and his family lived here. The tour ends at the Dove of Peace statue, in front of the high school he attended and where he first started painting before becoming one of the World's most famous artists.
- English-speaking tour guide
- Entrance fees (if applicable)
For cancellations upto 2 days before the tour -Refund of 80% of the tour price.
EmilyA Fascinating Journey Through Time
Monica's walking tour of A Coruna's Romanesque Streets, Squares & Medieval Churches was an incredible journey through time. We visited iconic landmarks such as the Azcarraga square and the Romanesque St. Mary's Church, and Monica's knowledgeable commentary made the tour truly unforgettable.
JohnDiscovering Hidden Gems in A Coruna
Monica's walking tour of A Coruna's Romanesque Streets, Squares & Medieval Churches was an eye-opening experience.
PabloA Unique Cultural Experience
Monica's walking tour of A Coruna's Romanesque Streets, Squares & Medieval Churches was a unique cultural experience that I would highly recommend. We visited iconic landmarks such as the City Hall and the Museum.
SophiaA Must-Do Tour in A Coruna
Monica's walking tour of A Coruna's Romanesque Streets, Squares & Medieval Churches was a must-do tour for anyone visiting the city. We visited iconic landmarks such as the Maria Pita Square and the St. James Church, and Monica's knowledgeable commentary provided a fascinating insight into the city's history and culture.
ThomasWalking through history!
EmmaHistorical gems uncovered - Monica made our tour of A Coruna unforgettable.
LucasJourney through time - A must-do walking tour with Monica.
Monica's expertise added a new dimension to our tour.
Monica's knowledge of the city's past is impressive.
Enchanting strollWe couldn't have asked for a better guide than Monica.
Monica's tour brought A Coruna's rich history to life.
USD 161 / group