10 Days Of Adventurous Experience To The Best Of Jordan From Amman
Explore Jordan's most adventurous sites, enjoy the country's beauty and engage with people and culture, starting from the capital with its malls and souks, people and the most remote areas with their solitude, quietness and camels. Experience everything from the capital's most new and trendy choices to the oldest rock formations, heritage sites and bedouin tribes' traditions. Shift from the highest mountains in Ajloun to the lowest point on earth in 10 minutes.
- Visit the most important souks and attractions in Amman
- Explore the unique wetland of Azraq and Um Qais hiking and Eco-stay
- Learn about the history of the Jerash, Ajloun and Madaba
- Head to the Dead sea and do a Mujib canyon hike
- Go on a Petra back trail, from little Petra to the Monastery
- Enjoy the magical city of Petra with its rose-coloured stone and the big carved buildings
- Discover the Wadi Rum's most important adventure sites, massive mountains, and Bedouin lifestyle
- Explore the red sea coral reef and seize the opportunity to snorkel and dive in Aqaba
Itinerary Expand All Collapse All
Day 1: Arrival to Amman - Amman tour expand_more
- Arrive in Amman and be greeted by your tour representative.
- Pass by the hotel to get rid of your luggage, then head to the east of Amman to see its beauty.
- We will provide you with a digital map with all the attractions, restaurants, and must-see places. The city has so many must-see attractions and things to do that you can easily spend a pleasant day or two. Downtown Amman is a must-see. At the bottom of the city’s many hills and overlooked by the magisterial Citadel, it features spectacular Roman ruins, an international-standard museum and the hubbub of mosques, souqs and coffeehouses that are central to Jordanian life.
- Elsewhere, urban western Amman has leafy residential districts, cafes, bars, modern malls and art galleries; and in earthy eastern Amman, it’s easy to sense the more traditional and conservative pulse of the capital. Enjoy your adventure.
Accommodation in 3 stars hotel in Amman.
Day 2: Azraq and Shumari Tour expand_more
- Leave Amman going east to Azraq. Azraq is a unique wetland located in the heart of the arid Eastern Desert, which takes its name from the Arabic word for ‘blue’. A migratory stopover for birds from three continents
- Discover the Azraq area and hike the reserve to see the wildlife, then enjoy birdwatching before we leave for Shumare reserve to see other kinds of different animals and birds.
Accommodation in Azraq eco-lodge for the night.
Day 3: Umm Qais and Hiking expand_more
- Leave Azraq heading north to Umm Qais; in the northwestern corner of Jordan, in the hills above the Jordan Valley, are the ruins of the Decapolis city of Gadara, now called Umm Qais. The site is striking because it juxtaposes Roman ruins with an abandoned Ottoman-era village, as well as its tremendous vantage point, with views of three countries (Jordan, Syria, and Israel and the Palestinian Territories), encompassing the Golan Heights, Mt Hermon and the Sea of Galilee. According to the Bible, it was here that Jesus performed the miracle of the Gadarene swine: casting the demons out of two men into a herd of pigs. Today Umm Qais is at the forefront of community-tourism development in Jordan, and it's worth staying a night or two to enjoy an increasing array of options, from hiking and biking to beekeeping, foraging and cooking classes.
- You'll hike around the area to see all the places mentioned above, then after, have a local lunch with the guide family.
Accommodation: local house in Umm Qais
Day 4: Ajloun - Jerash - Madaba expand_more
- We will leave Umm Qais heading to Ajloun to start our day with a traditional breakfast in a local house (Um Sameer). The owner is a strong, talented lady making traditional food in her home with the help of her 7 children and husband; it's a great model of a farmer's family where everyone helps with daily life
- Head to Ajloun castle; standing 1250 meters above sea level is Ajloun Castle. Ajloun Castle is a 12th Century fortress that was built under the rule of the sultan and military leader Saladin. The castle is set on top of Mount ‘Auf and provides visitors with astonishing views of the Jordan Valley and surrounding desert. Over the years, the castle has undergone many rebuilds, and although much of the original features no longer exist, there are many chambers, carvings, and towers
- Then we will leave Ajloun, heading to Jerash, another Decapolis city, one of the largest in the area, to have a quick visit before we head to have lunch in one of the levant restaurants
- Head to Madaba to visit the church of Saint John the baptist with its views over Madaba and visit the known book store and stay in Madaba.
Accommodation in 3 stars hotel in Madaba.
Day 5: Mujeb Water Hike - Dead Sea expand_more
- Early in the morning, we will leave Madaba, heading to Mount Nebo to visit the place where Moses lives and see from far Jericho, the oldest city in the world.
- Continue to the Dead Sea area where Wadi Mujib is located. The sound of clattering water and the feeling of being fully alive, colourful sandstone, narrow siq, drifting in fast currents, hopping over rocks and enjoying waterfalls, this is Wadi Mujib. Wadi al Mujib is one of the best adventure sites in Jordan with its fast currents and narrow siq, the adventure takes around 3 hours to finish.
- Then, we will head to our five stars hotel to enjoy the Dead Sea water and mud and will stay there for the night.
Accommodation 5 stars hotel in the Dead Sea.
Day 6: Dana - Ghuwair and Wild Camping expand_more
- Leaving our five-star hotel, heading to Dana reserve, the largest nature reserve in Jordan; we will hike the most famous trail in the area, Wadi Ghuweir; the Wadi is a miracle, 16 kilometres of diverse nature walking through a narrow siq, the siq in some places will be so narrow that can fit two people, the palm trees hanging from the 50 meters high walls and the nature of Wadi is unique.
- Your guide will take care of lunch in the Wadi, and after you finish, you'll find your camp ready in the desert of the Fyenan area; you will have dinner with local people before you sleep in this remote area with light pollution the minimum to enjoy the silence and stars. If the weather is rainy, we will replace the Wadi Ghuwair trail with the Wadi Dana trail. Wadi Dana is the most famous trail in the reserve; the trail is a link between Dana village through the valley to Wadi Fyenan village, one of the oldest cities in the Levant with its huge copper deposit
- When visiting Feynan, you will encounter what is arguably one of the last remaining Bedouin communities that continue to live their traditional lifestyle in Jordan
- At the end of the day, we will camp in the area with our Bedouin friends.
Day 7: Full-Day Visit to Petra expand_more
- Early in the morning, we will head to Petra, the lost city; this city was hidden for a long time, with just locals knowing about it.
- We will enter the city from the main gate, starting from the visitors' center and walking through the famous siq heading towards the Treasury. The siq was the first defence against the other tribes; the narrow canyon helped the city to stay fortified over the ages.
- We will hike the city towards the altar and Adair (Monastery) for a full tour. The hike is around 12 kilometres and classified as a moderate hike with an elevation of (+250 m).
- Then we will head to our hotel to stay the night. 3 days a week, they have Petra by night event where they light the siq with candles to the Treasury. If it's the day of Petra by night, you can buy the ticket and go for it.
Accommodation 3 stars hotel in Petra.
Day 8: Wadi Rum - Camel Ride or Jeep Tour expand_more
- In the morning you can visit Petra again if you want or stay in the hotel to rest.
- Before noon, head to Wadi Rum, where the desert is limitless, to start it active by doing a jeep tour or a camel ride.
- Then go to the camp to have your dinner and enjoy a night under a sky full of stars unless you decide to go stargazing late at night.
Accommodation authentic camp in the desert of Wadi Rum.
Day 9: Aqaba - Diving - Souks expand_more
- Leaving sands heading to the waters, Aqaba is a great place on the Red Sea for water sports activities at all times of the year.
- Catch the yacht cruise and join them in their adventure of diving and snorkelling the gulf of Aqaba.
- Then, you have the rest of the day to discover Aqaba souks and restaurants and try Red Sea fish meals the traditional way.
Accomodation 3 stars hotel in Aqaba.
Day 10: Departure from Aqaba or Amman expand_more
- Depending on your flight details, you leave Aqaba or Amman 8 hours before your flight time.
Airport meet and assist
Airport pick up
The private new vehicle with driver - AC - WiFi - Complimentary water
Accommodation in all mentioned places
Hiking guide in Umm Qais
Entrance fees to Wadi Mujib
Hiking guide in Dana
Local Guide to Petra trail
Jeep tour or camel ride
Yacht cruise with lunch in Aqaba
Airport drop off
- Azraq hiking or cycling experience
- Shumari Reserve Jeep Tour
- Local families meals
- Ajloun Castle and Jerash sightseeing
- Madaba sightseeing
- Dana hikes and wild camping
- Wadi Rum Jeep tour or camel ride
- Aqaba yacht cruise
- Day 2: Breakfast, lunch, dinner.
- Day 3: Breakfast, lunch, dinner.
- Day 4: Breakfast, lunch.
- Day 5: Breakfast, lunch.
- Day 6: Breakfast, lunch box, dinner.
- Day 7: Breakfast.
- Day 8: Breakfast, lunch, dinner.
- Day 9: Breakfast, BBQ lunch on yacht.
- Day 10: Breakfast.
Any personal expenses or gifts
Petra by night
Activities in Wadi Rum
Water sports or diving in Aqaba
What to bring
- Your ID, passport
- Your Personal medicines
- Power bank
- Hygiene kit (Wet wipes, Toilet Paper, Sanitizer)
- Sunscreen | sun protection | hat | sunglasses
- A small backpack for your stuff
- Good hiking shoe
- Extra clothes
Know before you go
- All Intrepid group trips are accompanied by one of our group leaders. The aim of the group leader is to take the hassle out of your travels and to help you have the best trip possible. You can expect your Intrepid Food Adventures group leader to be passionate about the local food scene and keen to share their insider knowledge on the best authentic local food and drink experiences throughout your trip.
- Your leader will provide information on the places you are travelling through, offer suggestions for things to do and see, recommend great local eating venues and introduce you to our local friends. While not being guides in the traditional sense, you can expect them to have a broad general knowledge of the places visited on the trip, including historical, cultural, religious and social aspects. At Intrepid, we aim to support local guides who have specialised knowledge of the regions we visit. If you are interested in delving deeper into the local culture at a specific site or location, then your leader can recommend a local guide service in most of the main destinations of your trip.
- Spend a fabulous week discovering the sights, sounds and flavours of Jordan. From Ajloun to Petra via the ethereal beauty of Wadi Rum and its mountains to the bustling markets of Amman.
- Visit the beautiful sight of Petra, the rose city and the delightful taste of traditional Jordanian cuisine in Wadi Rum and Ajloun.
- Explore the desert scene of Wadi Rum and spend time exploring its attractions and living the Bedouin experience. With a taste of Jordanian history and the chance to cook up mansaf yourself, this unforgettable journey will take you to the cultural heart of Jordan.
For cancellations upto 2 days before the tour -Refund of 50% of the tour price.
|1 To 2||USD 2950 Per Person|
|3 To 5||USD 2500 Per Person|
|6 To 8||USD 2300 Per Person|
|9 To 12||USD 2100 Per Person|
This is a private tour