4-Hour Aurora Hunting With Professional Camera At Multiple Spots
Embark on this aurora hunting tour in Finnish Lapland and get into the Arctic nature that is free from light pollution in the city. Surrounded by the Arctic landscapes, you will wait patiently for the aurora. You may get the chance to visit up to 3 locations and increase your chance to observe the aurora! On the way, you will also get the opportunity to build a fire and take pictures.
- Aurora hunting tour with professional camera & Lappish BBQ!
Itinerary Expand All Collapse All
Aurora Hunting Tour expand_more
- We will drive to the places that are more promising and would offer a better chance to see this natural phenomenon. During the tour, your guide will always check the evolution of the weather conditions. As this excursion is a 4h aurora hunt, you may get the chance to visit up to 3 locations and increase your chance to observe the aurora!
- On the way, you will also get the opportunity to build a fire! Your guide will teach you how to lit a fire in the traditional way, without matches or lighter, using silver birch bark and flint and steel for the fire. Your guide will also share with you their knowledge and stories of Lapland and its wildlife.
- You will get some hot beverages, grill your own sausages over the open fire, and enjoy your snack with the most famous Finnish mustard while waiting for the appearance of aurora.
- Hotel pick-up/drop-off (Extra pick-up point may require extra fee)
- Up to 3 locations were visited to hunt the Northern Lights
- Professional winter clothing and boots
- Professional aurora guide with a camera
- Light refreshments and snacks
- Pictures taken by the guide sent to you the next day
- All taxes, fees, and handling charges
- Any personal expense
What to bring
- We will provide you with overalls and boots, but please be prepared and use good under-layers, socks, hats and gloves.
- Please make sure your phone is ON during the tour day.
- Printed booking confirmation and e-tickets both are accepted.
- We recommend you wear comfortable clothes and shoes.
- In wintertime, warm winter clothes with a scarf and hat is recommended as the temperature can be as low as -35 Celsius degrees.
- It is recommended that you have travel insurance because in the very unlikely event of an accident the health care costs may be high.
Know before you go
- Kindly Note: This tour is only available from December to April.
- This tour is unavailable on certain days: December 24th, 25th, 31st, 2021, January 1st, 2022.
- The Northern Lights are a natural phenomenon that depends on the climate and solar wind activity, and its visibility can not be guaranteed.
- The minimum age of passengers is 4. Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- Hotel pickups commence between 5 and 30 minutes prior to the start time. Please note that the departure time mentioned on your ticket is for information only. We will confirm the departure time (and the pickup/meeting time) in the morning by email. Every morning, we examine the latest weather reports and the aurora forecasts, we assess the chance, and make the plan accordingly. We may then adapt the start time to the weather conditions in order to increase our chance to observe the Northern Lights. Please check your emails (and the SPAM folder!) so that you do not miss the information about weather conditions and pick-up time.
- Confirmation will be received at the time of booking
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately. However, the tour may be adapted, or canceled in case of unsafe weather conditions.
- A moderate amount of walking is involved
- Minimum passenger requirement applies. There is a possibility of cancellation or rescheduling if there are not enough passengers to meet the requirements. In the event of cancellation due to passenger requirements, you will be refunded fully.
- Not recommended for participants with heart complaints, back problems or other serious medical conditions.
Your accommodation in Rovaniemi
For cancellations upto 2 days before the tour -Refund of 50% of the tour price.
|2 To 15||EUR 165.99 Per Person|
|1 To 10||EUR 125.99 Per Person|
This is a group tour