Hour Backpacking tour itinerary for Puerto Maldonado: Encuentro Con Los Aves De Colores
Get on this short 2-Day tour to get a taste of fresh local meals in restaurants, including guided excursions to places like Collpa Chuncho, where you can see large concentrations of macaws and parrots. Take this beautiful opportunity in the heart of the Tambopata Reserve in the department of Madre de Dios to observe these beautiful multicoloured birds - parrots, macaws in their natural habitats and be able to identify unique exotic birds here.
Day 1- Arusha
- In the morning, we will pick you up from your hotel in Moshi/Arusha and drive to Tarangire National Park, known for its huge baobab trees and large herds of elephants. Its sparse vegetation makes it a beautiful and special location, where up to 300 elephants can be found, looking for underground streams in the dry riverbeds. Migratory wildebeest, zebra, and buffalo can also be seen crowding the shrinking lagoons. Here you will enjoy an afternoon game drive with a picnic lunch.
Overnight stay on the outskirts of Tarangire National Park in the Kudu Lodge or similar.
Day 2- Tarangire
- Get up early and drive to Ngorongoro Crater, one of Africa’s seven natural wonders! Listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site, it is considered one of the most beautiful and unique places in Africa. Here you will find a haven of African wildlife and you might also be lucky enough to witness the endangered Rhino! Enjoy a full day’s game drive at this park with lunch by the hippo pool. Before dinner is served, enjoy awesome views of the crater below.
Overnight stay on the rim of Ngorongoro Crater in the Rhino Lodge or similar.
Day 3- Ngorongoro Crater
- After breakfast, drive to one of the most famous game parks in Africa, the Serengeti! Known to host one of the most amazing wildlife spectacles on earth – the great migration of wildebeest and zebra – the Serengeti’s vast plains are also home to a haven of other wildlife, including lions, cheetahs, leopards, and many other predators. Enjoy an afternoon game drive.
Overnight stay in the Serengeti in the Tortilis Luxury or similar.
Day 4- Serengeti National Park
- This morning, after enjoying a beautiful Serengeti sunrise, you’ll catch a glimpse of lions and other predators on their morning hunt during your first game drive. After brunch, you’ll then leave the park and go for the final game drive of the day while on your way to the rim of the Ngorongoro Crater, one of Africa’s seven natural wonders! Before dinner is served, enjoy awesome views of the crater below. Overnight stay in Today you have the full day to experience the Serengeti. Get up early for a morning game drive and to enjoy the sunrise at Serengeti National Park. Catch a glimpse of lions and other predators on their morning hunt. After lunch, you’ll then go for an afternoon game drive.
Overnight stay in the Serengeti in the Tortilis Luxury or similar. Rhino Lodge
Day 5- Serengeti National Park
- Today you will continue your safari adventure on to Lake Natron with a game drive on the route. You’ll arrive at the park in the late afternoon.
- After a few hours’ sleep, you will then have the option to climb Oldoinyo-Lengai, an active volcano otherwise known as the “Mountain of God” by the Maasai. You will begin the climb shortly before midnight, reaching the summit by sunrise. This is a challenging climb, which is very steep and covered in volcanic ash.
Overnight stay at Lake Natron at Moivaro Lodge.
Day 6- Lake Natron
- Lake Natron is one of the most serene lakes in Africa, famous for its millions of flamingos that appear as a pink blanket across the alkaline water. Some call it a photographer’s paradise! Spend today recharging your batteries after your hike. Or if you have the energy, visit the lake with its immense population of flamingoes and invigorating waterfalls. The perfect ending to a perfect safari!
Overnight stay at Lake Natron at Moivaro Lodge.
Day 7- Lake Natron
- After breakfast, drive back to Arusha or Kilimanjaro Airport
Private transport round trip
Outboard boat 60 hp
Authorized bilingual Peruvian tour guide
Tickets to the Tambopata reserve
First breakfast and last lunch.
Extra tickets to the Reserve.
Other additional services
Guide specialized in birds.
Domestic and international flights are not included in the tour packages. The tour through the Amazon rainforest includes hotel, meals, bilingual speaking guide, transportation, tickets to the Tambopata National Reserve and all meals. Tours in other languages and specialities are available upon request.
Type of Tour
This tour is offered throughout the year.
Other Tours by this guide
Explore the great biodiversity that one of the wildest habitats of the world has to offer. Trace the wilderness and biodiversity ...