2.5-Hour Private Tour To The Kasbah Of The Udayas In Rabat
Explore the Kasbah of Oudaya, a UNESCO World Heritage Site located in Morocco's capital, Rabat. Walk through the fortress's narrow blue streets, see beautiful views overlooking Rabat and Salé, and visit Kasbah's own Hammam and Andalusian Gardens. You'll also explore the local market (souq), and end the tour with a panoramic view of the Kasbah from the Bouregreg River.
- See the original main gate of Bab Oudaya, the Andalusian Gardens and the souq
- Learn about the rich history and culture of Rabat with a local guide
Itinerary Expand All Collapse All
Visit Kasbah Of The Udayas In Rabat expand_more
- Join this experience for a tour of the Kasbah of Oudaya, a UNESCO World Heritage Site! Set in Morocco’s capital on the mouth of the Bou Regreg river, the Kasbah was originally built in the 12th century and renovated many times since, through the centuries. It has been home to Arab tribes, Andalusian immigrants, and some of Morocco’s most powerful sultans.
- We will go through the fortress that was built in the 11th century, well known for its narrow blue streets and wonderful views overlooking the city of Rabat and Salé. We will then walk up the steps leading to the imposing gate of Bab Oudaya and discover the winding streets of the Kasbah that will take you to Rabat’s oldest mosque going back to the 12th Century.
- From the mosque, we will walk past the beautiful Andalusian Gardens, the Kasbah’s own Hammam (or water bath), and reach a terrace for a beautiful view of the Bouregreg River.
- We will then cross over to the Markets (Souq) surrounding the Kasbah, where you will find an impressive array of Moroccan artwork, including carpets handwoven by Moroccan women. If we get lucky, we might be able to see them selling the same on market day!
- We will end our experience against the backdrop of panoramic views of the Kasbah from the Bouregreg River.
- English-speaking guide
- Tip to the guide
- Personal expenses
For cancellations upto 2 days before the tour -Refund of 80% of the tour price.
JohnFascinating History and Views!
JessicaA must-see in Rabat
The Kasbah of Oudaya is a must-see if you're in Rabat! The narrow blue streets, Andalusian gardens, and amazing views are unforgettable.
NaimaAmazing Architecture and Culture
AhmedA beautiful experience
Walking through the Kasbah was a beautiful experience. The winding streets, ancient mosque, and the Hammam were all stunning.
JuanWonderful Experience, Must See!
MariaFantastic tour guide
Our tour guide was fantastic! He was knowledgeable about the history of the Kasbah and made the experience even more enjoyable.
AnnaIncredible Views, Highly Recommend
HannahGreat views of the city
The views of the city from the Kasbah were great! It's a perfect spot to take photos and enjoy the scenery.
FatimaBeautiful Kasbah, Great Tour Guide
AbdullahLoved the Andalusian Gardens
The Andalusian Gardens in the Kasbah were beautiful. I loved the colorful flowers and the peaceful atmosphere.
MeiUnique market experience
The markets in the Kasbah were a unique experience. We found some great souvenirs and Moroccan artwork, but it was a bit crowded.
RachelA True Gem of Rabat
WeiInformative and Beautiful Tour
TomHistoric and well-preserved
The Kasbah is historic and well-preserved. It's amazing to see the ancient architecture and learn about the different cultures that have lived there.
The view of the Bouregreg River from the Kasbah was breathtaking. It's a must-visit spot in Rabat.
MariaStunning Scenery and Rich History
AhmedLoved the Authentic Markets
The history of the Kasbah was fascinating. Our tour guide was great at explaining the different cultures and rulers that have left their mark on the area.
FatimaA peaceful oasis
The Kasbah was a peaceful oasis in the busy city of Rabat. I loved the calm atmosphere and beautiful architecture.
MohammedGreat Way to See the City
USD 75 / group