5-day Trek To Point Lenana On Mount Kenya From Nairobi
Trek to Point Lenana on Mount Kenya on this 5-day trip where you will pass by several camps and amazing views. See the Mau Mau Caves and then trek to the Old Moses Camp where you will spot wildlife in the rainforest. Then, head to Shimpton's Camp followed by an attempt to reach Point Lenana. Finally, admire panoramic views of sunrise and start descending towards the Road Head Camp.
- Visit the Equator and go for a walk in the Mau Mau Caves
- Pass by a tropical rainforest and spot animals
- Trek through rugged terrain and exuberant vegetation
- Admire amazing views from Point Lenana
Itinerary Expand All Collapse All
Day 1: Nairobi - Nanyuki expand_more
- You will be picked from your hotel in Nairobi by your tour guide and depart for Nanyuki.
- You are expected to arrive in Nanyuki after a 3-hour drive. Upon arrival, check in at your budget hotel where you will meet the rest of your team to the mountain including cooks and porters.
- Relax after lunch and later visit the Equator and have an introductory walk to Mau Mau caves.
Dinner and overnight in a budget hotel.
Day 2 Nanyuki - Old Moses camp expand_more
- After breakfast, leave for a trek to Old Moses camp. You will pass through the tropical rainforest and you will have a chance to meet buffaloes, elephants and some plain game like Gazelles.
- Then, have lunch at the camp and spend the afternoon hiking up the mountain and back to Old Moses camp.
Dinner and overnight at Old Moses Camp.
Day 3 Old Moses Camp - Shimptons camp expand_more
- After breakfast, leave the camp for a 7-8-hour walk to Shimptons camp, which stands a elevation of 4200m above sea level. You will pass rugged terrain with lobelia and other mountain vegetation.
Dinner and overnight at Shimptons camp.
Day 4: Shimptons - Point Lenana - Road Head expand_more
- Wake up at 2:30 am and attempt to hike to Point Lenana.
- You are expected to reach Point Lenana just before sunrise. After taking photos for about 15 minutes, descend to Austrian hut for your full breakfast and then continue down to the Road Head.
Dinner and overnight at Road Head.
Day 5: Road Head - Chogoria - Nairobi expand_more
- After breakfast, trek leisurely out of the park all the way to Chogoria town. This gruelling 32 km long journey will be covered half on foot.
- For the other half, hire a jeep to drive you to Chogoria. The trip will end back in Nairobi in the late afternoon.
- Park entry fees
- Accommodation in mountain huts
- Guides and porters
- All the meals
- Transfer to Chogaria town by jeep
What to bring
- All hiking gear but we have them available for hire
- Sleeping bag
- Walking sticks
- Hiking equipment
Know before you go
- Mount Kenya is beautiful and a very challenging hike.
For cancellations upto 2 days before the tour -Refund of 80% of the tour price.
|1 To 3||USD 720 Per Person|
|1 To 3||USD 360 Per Person|
This is a private tour